Last week I posted a guest post from my mother that featured a really awesome cheesecake recipe as well as some memories of her late brother, who I unfortunately never had the chance to meet. Because she was so grateful for and touched by your comments, she insisted that we thank you with a giveaway. I was happy to oblige her since I, too, love reading your comments and thoughts on my posts each and every day (plus, you have to listen to your mom, right?).
With gratitude in mind we decided that the giveaway needed to be fun. Festive. Cake pops are fun. Cake pops are festive. So while I have some great giveaways coming up for you with the rest of the Ten First Kitchen Commandments series, this is a special treat.
We are giving you a treat that will let you make treats. We’re giving one reader a Babycakes Cake Pop Maker to help you bring the cake pops trend into your own kitchen. The method is slightly different than the original recipes found around the internet, but there is no denying that they’re equally adorable. And delicious.
Not only does this particular cake pop maker let you bake a dozen cake pops at at a time, but you can make donut holes, which could never be a bad thing. The cake pop maker reminds me of the miniature George Foreman grill I had in college – easy to use, small enough to store and equipped with power and ready lights, a wrap cord and a latching handle.
Giveaway: One reader will be selected using random.org to receive one Babycakes Cake Pop Maker (pictured above, ARV: $25). The cake pop maker comes complete with all the accessories you need to bake and decorate cake pops or donut holes, including a supply of cake pop sticks.
- Leave a comment here that answers the following questions: what is one [or more than one!] recipe or cooking technique you’d love to see written here on In Good Taste?
- Anonymous commenters: leave your email address in the comment field so I can reach you.
- Contest will close on Friday, July 1 at 11:59PM CST. 1 winner will be chosen by random.org and notified by email before Monday, July 4 (Happy Independence Day!). Winner will have until Wednesday, July 6 at 11:59PM CST to respond and then I will choose a new winner.
- Contest open to US Residents only (but we still welcome comments from friends across the pond!).
For Additional Entries:
- Follow me on Twitter (@MarisCallahan) and tweet the following message: I just entered to win a #babycakes cake pop maker from @mariscallahan at In Good Taste: http://bit.ly/ihUgq4. #baking #giveaway
- Become a fan of In Good Taste on Facebook.
- Suggest that your friends become a fan of In Good Taste on Facebook.
- Please leave one comment for each entry.
Disclosure: This giveaway is not sponsored by Babycakes. Giveaway is being provided by my mother (Daryl Callahan) and I have no affiliation with the Babycakes brand.
Photos: Courtesy of Babycakes
Lemon Cake Pops
Recipe: The BabyCakes Shop
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
Melt butter and set aside to cool briefly. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium high speed, beat together sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice 1 minute. Add melted butter and beat 2 minutes at medium-high speed. Beat in vanilla and lemon extract. Add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Fill each well with about 1 tablespoon batter and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and glaze or coat, as desired. Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen.Print This Recipe