As you probably know, the second Sunday of May is Mother’s Day in Australia; a time when we say thank you to that special person who brought us into this world, and if you are wondering how best to show your mum how much you appreciate her, here are a few great gift ideas that are guaranteed to bring a smile to her face.
- Personalised Smartphone Cover – There are online companies that stock the entire range of smartphone covers and what’s more, you can ask them to personalise the gift with your own unique message. Mums tend to prefer gifts that have a practical use and every time she sits down to check her email, she’ll be reminded of your love when she looks at the phone cover.
- An Experience Gift – You know your mum better than most people and if there is something she would secretly love to do, why not arrange it for her? It might be a helicopter tour over Sydney and the stunning Blue Mountains, or a day at a luxury spa, and with online experience organisers, arranging things has never been so easy. You will likely want to include dad in this, so make sure he can keep a secret and you can give mum a surprise she’ll never forget.
- Say it with Chocolates – There isn’t a person alive that doesn’t like chocolate, and armed with that knowledge, you can buy chocolates online from Chocogram, Australia’s leading online chocolate gift retailer. There are so many variations; a photo frame made from the best chocolate, for example, and if you send them a digital copy of a special photo, the supplier will print and insert this into the gift. Any personal message you would like to incorporate can be arranged directly from their website, and a Google search will take you there in no time at all!
- Silver Jewellery – Every woman loves sterling silver jewellery, and knowing her like you do, choosing something suitable is not an issue. If she has a charm bracelet, search online for a charm that offers the wearer good health and fortune and she will be very happy indeed! Sterling silver goes with absolutely everything, so she will make the best use of a pair of earrings or necklace, and you can even have a special message engraved, to personalise the gift.
- A Gift Voucher – It might not sound very interesting, but mum can buy whatever she pleases – that way you know she’ll be happy with the gift. Of course, it depends on mum, but if you think she would like to be able to browse a clothing store and choose a dress all on her own, then a gift card is ideal.
There’s still a couple of months before the big day, and by browsing online, you can find all of the above and a whole lot more, and prices are generally 15-20% cheaper when you shop online. Whatever you choose, you can pick the perfect moment to surprise your mother with a wonderful gift to say ‘thanks for being there’.