At some point most people have wanted to shed some pounds, whether it be through crash dieting, exercise or taking supplements (visit https://www.reviewy.org/ to read more about these supplements) to help them get rid of excess weight. And while diet after diet pops up in the media, claiming to be the miracle eating plan, it is hard to determine which would actually work for you.
As every person and everybody works differently, finding the best eating plan that will help you along your weight loss journey can be a struggle.
We have compiled a list of five of the top diets to help you get a better understanding of the eating plans that you can try in order to drop a dress size.
The Mediterranean Diet
The Mediterranean Diet is actually not a diet at all but is instead a way of eating that has been in practice for many centuries. There is no specific way to follow this eating regimen and to implement it you merely have to take a wholesome and well-rounded approach to the food you are consuming.
- You can eat as many vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and seafood as you would like.
- You should consume poultry and dairy in moderation.
- Red meat should be limited to no more than once or twice a week.
- Cut out any refined sugar, sweetened beverages, processed foods and anything else that has been refined.
- Your daily intake of water should be increased.
- Red wine, about a glass or two, is allowed per day.
The Banting Diet
This eating plan has been a health craze for some time now and is based on a low-carb, high fat intake. The idea behind this diet is that when you decrease your carbohydrate consumption and increase healthy fats in your diet, your body starts to burn fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. This diet is particularly popular amongst those who are gluten and wheat intolerant.
- Eat more animal fat and consume as much as you would like.
- Try to eat as many non-starchy and green vegetables as you want, as these foods bulk up your daily diet.
- Make sure that the snacks you eat are banting friendly, remember no sugar or gluten.
- Try to limit the number of nuts and fruits that you eat in a day.
- Don’t over or under eat, it is important to listen to what your body needs.
- You are allowed to drink a limited amount of wine per day and should drink mostly water.
- Don’t eat too much dairy.
- Always read food labels.
The Keto Diet
This is another low-carb diet that places focus on the increased intake of protein and fat. This eating plan stipulates that at least 80% of your daily calories should come from fats, while less than 5% should come from carbohydrates. The keto diet is further based on a natural process that happens in the body called ketosis, which occurs when the body does not have access to carbohydrates and instead, is fueled by fat.
- You can eat all meats, including poultry, beef, lamb, fish, and seafood.
- You can consume most types of fats such as ghee, butter, olive, and coconut oil.
- Green leafy vegetables and other non-starchy fresh produce such as berries and nuts are allowed.
- You can eat all types of high-fat dairy, including cream and yogurt.
- While you are allowed alcohol you should only consume a limited amount per day.
The Paleo Diet
This eating plan is based on the way our predecessors used to eat. Think cavemen. While also referred to as the stone-age diet, paleo eliminates all types of processed foods, grains and any other types of foods that people would not have had access to thousands of years ago.
- You are allowed meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and all types of healthy fats such as coconut oil.
- Don’t eat any processed foods, sugars, grains, most dairy products, and trans fats.
- Basically, avoid anything that would not have been available to hunter-gatherer people.
While it can be tricky to find the perfect diet for you and your lifestyle, there are many out there you can try. Be kind to yourself until you find an eating plan that feels right for you.
Latest posts by Kelly Tate (see all)
- The Best Foods for Healthy Senior Living - May 22, 2019
- 5 Great Reasons to Hire a Corporate Caterer for your Event - May 20, 2019
- 3 Foods To Eat After Surgery To Help Speed Healing - May 20, 2019